Regulatory and Legal
Brunsdon is the trading name of Brunsdon Insurance Brokers Limited (Reg. No. 03433998). The Company is registered at Arlingham House,
Green Farm Business Park, Falcon Close, Quedgeley, Gloucester, GL2 4LY. Tel. 01452 623900 E-mail. firstname.lastname@example.org Brunsdon Insurance Brokers Ltd. are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. (FCA Firms Registration Number 533826)
The Financial Conduct Authority is the main regulatory body for the financial services, general insurance and healthcare industries http://www.fca.org.uk
The Financial Ombudsman Service provides consumers with a free, independent service for resolving disputes with financial firms. The contact details for the service are detailed below:
Alternatively, log on to the website: www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk
Customer Complaints Procedure
This guide explains what to do if you have a complaint about Brunsdon Insurance Brokers Ltd.
How To Complain
You may contact us using any of these methods:
The Compliance Department, Brunsdon Insurance Brokers Ltd, Arlingham House, Green Farm Business Park, Falcon Close, Quedgeley, Gloucester GL2 4LY
01452 623 900
What to do:
The following list outlines the key points you should include in your initial communication with us. This will help us deal with your complaint more effectively.
- Mark any letter, fax or e-mail ‘Complaint’ and keep a copy.
- State your full name (and the name of the policyholder, if different), or any previous names at the time you took out the policy.
- Provide your full postal address, including postcode, and a daytime phone number where you may be contacted.
- Quote the policy number or reference number you have been given, and start dates, together with any other relevant information.
- If you are aware of it, state the name of the person who advised you or arranged the policy for you.
- Outline your case clearly, including relevant dates. This will help us when dealing with your complaint.
- State clearly what you would like to see as a result of your complaint.
- You may send copies of documents if they are relevant. Please do not send originals.
- Please provide any further information for consideration.
- If your policy was arranged direct with a product provider or one of its representatives, or by another Insurance Intermediary before you became a client of Brunsdon Insurance Brokers Ltd, then you should refer your complaint to the company concerned.
Please note that if you do not have any of the information suggested above, this will not affect your complaint.
What Happens Next?
Brunsdon Insurance Brokers Ltd treats all complaints seriously and we will acknowledge your complaint within five working days of it being received.
Important – Details of complaints made verbally will be noted by a person who will identify themselves to you and give you a point of contact. You will then be provided with a written summary of your complaint and you will be asked to confirm its accuracy as well as ensuring that nothing has been omitted.
If you do not hear from us, please check that your letter of complaint has been received by telephoning us on 01452 623900 .
We will fully and fairly investigate your complaint. After we have investigated your complaint, a written explanation of the outcome of our investigation will be provided to you.
How Long Will It Take?
We expect to complete the investigation within four weeks of receiving a complaint. (Hopefully, it will be sooner than this.) If we find that it will not be possible to complete the investigation in four weeks, we will write to you with an explanation for the delay. It may also be necessary to contact other people in order to resolve your complaint, e.g. the company who provided the policy for you or your employer. Before we do this, we will need to ask for your written authority to do so.
Should there be any unexpected delays in resolving your complaint, we will also write to you after eight weeks to explain the delay. You may then refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service if you are not satisfied with the reason(s) for the delay. When writing to you at this stage we will enclose a leaflet explaining the service and how to contact it.
After the Investigation
When we have completed our investigation, we will send you a letter informing you of our decision and our reason for this. Where appropriate, we will include full details of any offer of settlement we are prepared to make. If you are still not satisfied, and your complaint involves financial loss, material distress and / or inconvenience, you can then take the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service. You will be sent a booklet explaining what the Service does and how to contact it. You will have a period of six months after our decision letter to refer to the Financial Ombudsman Service. If you do not refer to it within this time you may lose your right to have your complaint investigated by the Ombudsman.
Depending on the type of complaint you have, and if you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, there are independent regulatory bodies that may be able to help you.
The Financial Ombudsman Service provides a free service to complainants and acts as an independent complaints handling service for resolving complaints relating to the following:
- Other administrative errors
- Unsuitable or misleading advice
- Failure to carry out instructions
- Poor customer service
- Misleading advertising
- Disputes over sums / amounts payable
- Switching / churning
- Breach of customer agreement or contract
The Financial Services Compensation Scheme is the UK’s statutory fund of last resort should an authorised firm be unable to pay claims against it. The service is free to consumers.
Regulator Contact Details
Financial Conduct Authority
12 Endeavour Square
Phone: 0300 123 9 123
The Financial Services Compensation Scheme
10th Floor Beaufort House
15 St. Botolph Street
London EC3A 7QU
Phone: 0207 741 4100
The information on this internet site is for general non-specific guidance and information purposes only. It does not constitute an offer to provide any goods or services to any person, nor should it be used as the basis for taking investment or financial assistance.
Any services provided by Brunsdon Insurance Brokers Ltd are subject to the company’s Terms of Business, a copy of which will be provided on written request.